America Online formally known as the AOL. AOL is one of the most popular online service provider and the web portal provider. AOL provides it service all around the world and all the users of AOL are satisfied with the service provided by the AOL. You will be able to visit to this www.aol.com link. This link is the official website of the AOL. Here you will be able to get lot more information related to the AOL. From here you will also be able to get the services if AOL.
In online service you will get the mailing service for free. Besides mailing service you will also get lot more online services from AOL. While you are using the email service you will need to make it secure so that no one can get accessed to your mails before you get the mails. You might be facing different email problems like unable to login into your account, phishing emails, emails scams and many more. You also might not face these kinds of problem but you will need to prevent these kinds of problems.
There are many signs to know that your AOL account has been hacked. Some of the warning signs of a hacked accounts are as follows:
- While you try to sign in into your account, you will get a message from AOL saying “We have detected unusual activity on this account”.
- Unknown emails are being received by the people you know from your account.
- Your AOL inbox is full of MAILER DAERMON rejection notices for the messages that you didn’t even sent.
- You will get to see the outgoing messages in your AOL Sent, Drafts or outbox folder that you didn’t even created or send.
- Your account might be spoofed like people that you know are getting strange message that you haven’t send and that is also not available in your AOL sent folder.
- Your AOL folders like Sent, Deleted, Span, Inbox, Draft and many more folders) are empty.
- Your contact list has been erased.
- Emails that you try to send are suddenly returns to you.
- You keep on getting offline when you are signed in into your AOL account.
- You will get to see a link on your email that you haven’t even kept.
- You will stop getting new emails from the people you know.
- Your new emails will go directly to the saved folder.
These are some of the sign from which you can get to know that your AOL account has been hacked by other people.
Follow these steps for AOL email security :
- At first you will need to have an internet connection on your computer device then you will need to open any search engine and search for the AOL email security.
- Or you can simple click on this https://login.aol.com/ link. As you click on this link you will get to see a login panel in the center of the page.
- Now you will just need to login into your AOL account by providing the valid login details.
- As you get logged in into your account now you will need to change your password of your corresponding account. Because your account may get hacked if your AOL account’s password is known by somebody else.
- So you will need to change your password. Your new password must be long and stronger, so that no one can guess it. To make a strong password you will need to keep your password with mixed character like number, alphabets in uppercase and lower case, symbols and many more.
- To change password you will just need to click on your username as you get logged in into your account. There you will get to see an account setting part. In that area you will get to see a change password text in blue color.
- You will just need to click on that text. As you click on that text then you will be directed to another page. In this page you will get to see two blank fields.
- In first blank field you will need to provide your current password and in the second blank field you will need to provide your new password. And your new password must be strong as I have mentioned above.
These are the steps that are required to change the password of your AOL account. By changing the password of your account and keep the strong password you will be able to make your email secure